1. Not to go for refuge to teachers who contradict Buddha’s view, or to Samsaric gods.
2. To regard any image of a Buddha as an actual Buddha
3. Not to harm others
4. To regard all Dharma Scriptures as the actual Dharma Jewel
5. Not to allow oneself to be influenced by people who reject the Buddha’s teachings
6. To regard anyone who wears the robes of an ordained person as an actual Sangha Jewel.
7. To go for refuge to the Three Jewels again and again remembering their good qualities and the differences between them.
8. To offer the first portion of whatever we eat and drink to the Three Jewels, while remembering their kindness
9. With compassion, always encourage others to go for refuge
10. To go for refuge at least 3 times during the day and 3 times during the night, remembering the benefits of going for refuge
11. To perform every action with complete trust in the Three Jewels
12. Never to forsake the Three Jewels, even at the cost of our lives, or even as a joke